Facebook Deactivated My Account

To claim that Facebook plays a big part in my life is a little an exaggeration-- as I make sure it is for any other social networks manager. Not only do I utilize it to keep in touch with loved ones-- but I'm for life adding material to among the many web pages I admin, whether for myself or for customers.

Facebook Deactivated My Account



Facebook Disabled My Account



Picture my surprise when I tried to sign into Facebook one early morning only to obtain the following message:

My account was disabled? What does that also indicate?

I attempted to log in with one more internet browser as well as I got the very same message. Facebook impaired my account!

Facebook provided a kind submission web page for those wishing to write to Facebook concerning their handicapped account, and also I emailed them primarily asking why my account was handicapped and exactly how I can obtain access back to the various pages I'm an admin for. I explained that I take care of a range of pages for customers, and was constantly conscious concerning the web content I posted-- after all, my parents are on Facebook as well.

After sending the e-mail to Facebook, I sent an email to the pals who's e-mail addresses I really had as well as discussed what took place. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, the majority of my friends were just able to be called by me on Facebook.

The replies I got from that email were identified into 3 various categories:

- WTF/WTH-- why would certainly they do that ??
- Is it because you uploaded political things (I like Ron Paul and shared web content concerning #OWS).
- Perhaps someone flagged you.

I read up on a few of the short articles by others that have had their accounts impaired to discover why mine was suddenly drawn-- without alerting I should add. The posting dates on the short articles span the lifetime of Facebook, showing that the business has for life been on a behind the curtain campaign of disabling accounts at their discretion.

I discovered some articles by famous blog owners or reporters, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Much of these high-profiled Facebook individuals had their accounts and/or web pages reabled not long after Facebook uncovered who they disabled. For the rest of us, we're essentially on our very own.

Reading these articles didn't infuse much hope in me or my scenario. The realization of what I shed was starting to set in also.

Over the years I had computers crash, taken, lost, and so on and count on Facebook to hold all my traveling as well as event photos. The website isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not publish all my photos on Facebook for my friends and household to see at their discretion? There were more than 2000 pictures, many videos, blog posts (notes), plus all the calls (I still haven't been able to reconnect with several that were all lost when Facebook handicapped my account). This was looking to be an extremely stark scenario as I even more realized just what was lost.

I needed to gain back accessibility to Facebook to handle the pages for my clients, and additionally for my very own enterprises. A lot of my pages' admin gain access to were shown to a partner and were quickly held up up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly developed, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the brand-new account.

A few of the Facebook pages admin accessibility were shown my clients, whom I needed to call to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account obtain disabled?" as well as rightfully so. I, as well, would certainly question the individual I paid to manage my Facebook page why their Facebook account was impaired. Would not you?

I still don't have a response to that concern. "I have no idea" is the response I still offer, because its real. Facebook has still yet to give me a reason that my account was handicapped. After checking out the factors Facebook disabled accounts on their page I was still in the dark. I really did not spam-add people, post sex-related content, bug any individual. so why they deleted me didn't make good sense. Only after I check out other posts did I recognize a bit much more.

Facebook can disable your account if your screen name is various than that on your birth certification. Mine was, yet not by much. It was still phonetically the exact same, but meant different than the rest of my family members. I additionally had a customer that lately utilized a contest promo to enhance their email checklist. According to Facebook marketing standards, contests can only be worked on Facebook through a couple of apps: ShortStack as well as WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I examined that customer's Facebook web page and it was gone as well. Aha!

Although the contest had not been precisely held on Facebook (it was hosted on the client's web site), as well as the champion was informed via email (you can not introduce winners on your wall), I was confident this was the annoying action which had me ushered off Facebook without so much as a 'Bye-bye'.

Now it was about a week because I initially wrote Facebook that fateful early morning, and also I still hadn't received a reply. I took another look at the web page permitting me to speak to Facebook, and clarified that I currently had a far better concept regarding why they disabled me, and that I was sorry. I swore never ever to do something like that again (was it really that bad??) if they simply reable my account.

I sent out that off as well as waited once more. After a few even more days I understood something. something extremely important-- I developed a filter in gmail for Facebook emails. Even if they did email me, I would certainly have never ever obtained the e-mail because it was readied to "Skip Inbox/Delete". Severe.

So I sent out another email to Facebook, this time around letting them know that I had a filter on my gmail and also if they did contact me prior to this email, I would have never ever gotten it.

A few days later on I finally received an e-mail from Javier at Facebook. Right here's the only reaction I'll likely obtain from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What a juvenile reaction-- sure Facebook is a 'young' company, yet I'm sure there have to be someone there with better tact than 'we're not going to reable your account-- don't email us once more.' ALRIGHT Facebook.

So what did I gain from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever recognize if/when they'll decide to erase you.
2. Don't manage your different client's web pages with the exact same account. If one page/account gets deleted, you will not shed them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are snobs that's profiles are either concealed from search, or they disabled the "Include as a friend" switch making it impossible to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month since I had my account impaired, as well as had great deals of time to reflect on the experience. I haven't attempted to call Facebook directly given that I got the e-mail from Javier, however I did begin the internet site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, as well as the hashtag project on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to accentuate the unfavorable experience.

Do I desire Facebook to alter their disabling policy? Nope.

I manage a couple of MU sites and also if you desire someone off your website, of course delete them/block them/whatever. But also for Facebook to disable the account and to maintain the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog posts, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if no one uploaded material onto the website-- No photos to share or tag-- No articles to Like-- No condition updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Facebook must permit those who they disabled to download their account, letting them get their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, prior to going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their buddies standing updates (rather than 'Liking' it). Facebook already makes it possible for an energetic account to be downloaded, so why not a handicapped account?

It's time for Facebook to get a little bit more mature around-- especially with their IPO announced. I'm really thinking about buying stock just so they will certainly need to pay attention to my grievance-- at least I'll make money from them.

Have you had your Facebook account disabled? Did you get it back, and if so exactly how?