My Facebook Account is Deactivated

To state that Facebook plays a big part in my life is a bit of an exaggeration-- as I'm sure it is for any other social networks supervisor. Not just do I utilize it to talk with loved ones-- but I'm permanently adding content to among the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for customers.

My Facebook Account Is Deactivated



Facebook Disabled My Account



Imagine my shock when I attempted to authorize right into Facebook one morning just to obtain the adhering to message:

My account was disabled? What does that also imply?

I tried to visit with an additional internet browser as well as I got the very same message. Facebook handicapped my account!

Facebook provided a type entry page for those wishing to write to Facebook concerning their disabled account, and also I emailed them basically asking why my account was impaired and also how I can get accessibility back to the various pages I'm an admin for. I discussed that I handle a range of pages for customers, and was always mindful concerning the web content I uploaded-- besides, my parents get on Facebook as well.

After sending out the e-mail to Facebook, I sent an email to the friends that's e-mail addresses I actually had and described what occurred. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, most of my friends were only able to be contacted by me on Facebook.

The replies I obtained from that email were identified into 3 various categories:

- WTF/WTH-- why would certainly they do that ??
- Is it due to the fact that you posted political things (I such as Ron Paul and also common web content concerning #OWS).
- Possibly somebody flagged you.

I read up on several of the articles by others that have had their accounts impaired to find out why mine was unexpectedly pulled-- without alerting I need to add. The publishing days on the write-ups extend the lifetime of Facebook, showing that the business has actually permanently gotten on a behind-the-scenes campaign of disabling accounts at their discretion.

I located some articles by popular bloggers or reporters, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and also Stan Shroeder (Mashable). A number of these high-profiled Facebook customers had their profiles and/or pages reabled not long after Facebook found that they disabled. For the remainder of us, we're essentially on our own.

Reviewing these articles didn't instill much hope in me or my circumstance. The understanding of what I shed was starting to embed in too.

Throughout the years I had computer systems accident, taken, lost, etc. and relied on Facebook to host all my traveling as well as event photos. The website isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not post all my images on Facebook for my friends and family to see at their discretion? There were well over 2000 photos, numerous videos, blog posts (notes), plus all the get in touches with (I still haven't been able to reconnect with many who were all shed when Facebook impaired my account). This was seeming an extremely bleak situation as I even more understood simply what was shed.

I needed to gain back access to Facebook to handle the web pages for my customers, and additionally for my own enterprises. Many of my web pages' admin access were shown a partner as well as were easily held up up with the brand-new Facebook account I begrudgingly created, cursing Facebook under my breath as I established the brand-new account.

A few of the Facebook web pages admin access were shown to my clients, whom I needed to call to have them re-add me with my new account. All of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" and also truly so. I, too, would examine the individual I paid to manage my Facebook page why their Facebook account was disabled. Wouldn't you?

I still don't have an answer to that question. "I have no concept" is the response I still provide, due to the fact that its true. Facebook has still yet to give me a reason my account was disabled. After checking out the reasons Facebook impaired accounts on their web page I was still in the dark. I really did not spam-add individuals, post sex-related web content, harass any person. so why they deleted me really did not make good sense. Just after I review other articles did I understand a little bit much more.

Facebook can disable your account if your screen name is different than that on your birth certificate. Mine was, yet not by much. It was still phonetically the very same, yet led to various than the rest of my household. I additionally had a customer that lately used a contest promo to increase their e-mail listing. According to Facebook advertising guidelines, competitions can just be operated on Facebook via either applications: ShortStack and WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I checked that customer's Facebook web page and also it was gone too. Aha!

Although the competition wasn't precisely held on Facebook (it was hosted on the client's web site), and also the winner was alerted using e-mail (you can not announce victors on your wall surface), I was confident this was the angering activity which had me ushered off Facebook without even a 'Goodbye'.

At this moment it was about a week considering that I originally created Facebook that fateful early morning, as well as I still hadn't obtained a reply. I reviewed the page allowing me to contact Facebook, and also described that I currently had a better idea about why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I vowed never ever to do something like that once again (was it actually that negative??) if they simply reable my account.

I sent that off as well as waited again. After a few even more days I recognized something. something extremely vital-- I created a filter in gmail for Facebook e-mails. Even if they did email me, I would have never ever gotten the email due to the fact that it was readied to "Miss Inbox/Delete". Extreme.

So I sent one more email to Facebook, this time around letting them recognize that I had a filter on my gmail as well as if they did contact me before this email, I would have never ever received it.

A few days later on I finally obtained an email from Javier at Facebook. Here's the only reaction I'll likely obtain from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What a juvenile reaction-- sure Facebook is a 'young' business, however I make sure there need to be somebody there with much better tact than 'we're not going to reable your account-- do not email us again.' OKAY Facebook.

So what did I learn from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever know if/when they'll decide to delete you.
2. Do not handle your different customer's web pages with the very same account. If one page/account gets erased, you will not shed them all.
3. A lot of my friends are snobs that's profiles are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Include as a pal" switch making it difficult to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month because I had my account disabled, as well as had lots of time to reflect on the experience. I haven't attempted to get in touch with Facebook directly since I got the e-mail from Javier, however I did begin the site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and also the hashtag campaign on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to accentuate the unfavorable experience.

Do I want Facebook to alter their disabling policy? Nope.

I handle a couple of MU websites and also if you want someone off your site, by all means remove them/block them/whatever. But also for Facebook to disable the account and also to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog blog posts, that is wrong. What would Facebook be if nobody uploaded web content onto the site-- No pictures to share or tag-- No write-ups to Like-- No status updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Facebook should permit those who they disabled to download their account, letting them recover their photos/videos/notes/ etc., before going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their friends standing updates (rather than 'Liking' it). Facebook already makes it possible for an active account to be downloaded and install, so why not an impaired account?

It's time for Facebook to get a little bit more mature around-- particularly with their IPO announced. I'm in fact considering buying stock just so they will certainly have to pay attention to my grievance-- at least I'll make money from them.

Have you had your Facebook account disabled? Did you get it back, and also if so just how?