This Account Has Been Deactivated Facebook

To state that Facebook plays a large part in my life is a little an exaggeration-- as I'm sure it is for any other social media supervisor. Not just do I utilize it to correspond with friends and family-- but I'm for life adding material to among the many web pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

This Account Has Been Deactivated Facebook



Facebook Disabled My Account



Imagine my shock when I tried to sign into Facebook one early morning just to get the following message:

My account was disabled? What does that also imply?

I attempted to visit with another browser and I obtained the very same message. Facebook impaired my account!

Facebook provided a form submission page for those desiring to write to Facebook regarding their handicapped account, and also I emailed them basically asking why my account was handicapped and also exactly how I can get access back to the numerous web pages I'm an admin for. I described that I handle a selection of pages for clients, as well as was always conscious regarding the web content I uploaded-- nevertheless, my moms and dads are on Facebook as well.

After sending out the e-mail to Facebook, I sent out an email to the buddies who's email addresses I in fact had and also described what took place. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, most of my friends were just able to be contacted by me on Facebook.

The replies I received from that email were classified right into three various categories:

- WTF/WTH-- why would they do that ??
- Is it since you published political things (I such as Ron Paul and also common content about #OWS).
- Possibly someone flagged you.

I read up on several of the write-ups by others that have had their accounts impaired to figure out why mine was unexpectedly pulled-- without advising I should include. The publishing dates on the posts cover the lifetime of Facebook, revealing that the company has permanently gotten on a behind-the-scenes campaign of disabling accounts at their discernment.

I located some short articles by renowned blog owners or reporters, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, as well as Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Much of these high-profiled Facebook individuals had their accounts and/or pages reabled right after Facebook found that they disabled. For the rest of us, we're essentially on our own.

Checking out these posts didn't instill much hope in me or my circumstance. The understanding of what I shed was starting to embed in as well.

For many years I had computer systems collision, swiped, shed, etc. and depend on Facebook to host all my traveling and also celebration images. The web site isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not publish all my images on Facebook for my friends as well as family to check out at their discretion? There were more than 2000 images, many video clips, blog posts (notes), plus all the calls (I still haven't been able to reconnect with many who were all shed when Facebook handicapped my account). This was looking to be an extremely bleak scenario as I additionally realized simply what was shed.

I needed to gain back accessibility to Facebook to handle the web pages for my customers, and also for my very own business. Most of my pages' admin access were shown to a partner as well as were quickly held up up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly developed, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the brand-new account.

A few of the Facebook web pages admin accessibility were shared with my clients, whom I had to get in touch with to have them re-add me with my new account. All of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" as well as truly so. I, too, would certainly examine the person I paid to manage my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was handicapped. Wouldn't you?

I still don't have an answer to that inquiry. "I have no concept" is the solution I still provide, due to the fact that its real. Facebook has still yet to give me a reason my account was handicapped. After checking out the factors Facebook impaired accounts on their web page I was still in the dark. I really did not spam-add individuals, article sexual web content, bother anybody. so why they deleted me didn't make good sense. Just after I review other short articles did I understand a little bit a lot more.

Facebook can disable your account if your screen name is various than that on your birth certificate. Mine was, but not by much. It was still phonetically the very same, yet led to various than the remainder of my family members. I likewise had a client who recently used a contest promo to increase their e-mail listing. According to Facebook promotional guidelines, competitions can only be run on Facebook via one of two applications: ShortStack and also WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I inspected that client's Facebook web page and also it was gone too. Aha!

Although the contest wasn't exactly held on Facebook (it was hosted on the client's site), as well as the champion was alerted using email (you can not introduce victors on your wall surface), I was confident this was the upseting action which had me brought in off Facebook without so much as a 'Au revoir'.

At this point it was about a week because I originally composed Facebook that fateful early morning, as well as I still hadn't received a reply. I revisited the web page allowing me to speak to Facebook, and described that I now had a better suggestion about why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I pledged never to do something like that again (was it truly that poor??) if they simply reable my account.

I sent out that off and waited once more. After a few more days I realized something. something really important-- I produced a filter in gmail for Facebook e-mails. Even if they did email me, I would certainly have never ever obtained the email due to the fact that it was set to "Avoid Inbox/Delete". Severe.

So I sent out an additional e-mail to Facebook, this time around letting them understand that I had a filter on my gmail and if they did contact me before this email, I would certainly have never obtained it.

A couple of days later I finally received an email from Javier at Facebook. Here's the only reaction I'll likely obtain from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent feedback-- certain Facebook is a 'young' firm, but I make sure there have to be a person there with better tact than 'we're not mosting likely to reable your account-- don't email us again.' OK Facebook.

So what did I learn from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never understand if/when they'll decide to delete you.
2. Do not handle your different customer's pages with the very same account. If one page/account gets deleted, you won't shed them all.
3. A lot of my friends are pretenders who's accounts are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Include as a pal" switch making it difficult to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month considering that I had my account impaired, and had great deals of time to reflect on the experience. I have not attempted to get in touch with Facebook directly given that I obtained the e-mail from Javier, but I did begin the website www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and the hashtag project on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to accentuate the unfavorable experience.

Do I want Facebook to alter their disabling policy? Nope.

I manage a couple of MU sites as well as if you want someone off your site, of course remove them/block them/whatever. However, for Facebook to disable the account and also to maintain the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog blog posts, that is wrong. What would Facebook be if no one uploaded web content onto the site-- No images to share or tag-- No short articles to Like-- No condition updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Facebook should enable those that they disabled to download their account, letting them obtain their photos/videos/notes/ etc., before going off to the barren marshes of Google+, or to RT their close friends status updates (in contrast to 'Liking' it). Facebook already makes it possible for an active account to be downloaded and install, so why not a handicapped account?

It's time for Facebook to obtain a little bit elder around-- especially with their IPO introduced. I'm in fact thinking about buying stock so they will certainly need to pay attention to my grievance-- at least I'll benefit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account disabled? Did you get it back, and if so how?