Disabled Facebook Account

To say that Facebook plays a big part in my life is a bit of an exaggeration-- as I make certain it is for any other social media manager. Not just do I use it to talk with family and friends-- but I'm for life adding content to among the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

Disabled Facebook Account



Facebook Disabled My Account



Visualize my surprise when I attempted to sign right into Facebook one morning only to receive the adhering to message:

My account was disabled? What does that also imply?

I tried to visit with another web browser and also I got the exact same message. Facebook handicapped my account!

Facebook provided a type entry page for those wishing to write to Facebook about their disabled account, and I emailed them generally asking why my account was impaired as well as just how I can get gain access to back to the many pages I'm an admin for. I discussed that I take care of a range of web pages for customers, as well as was constantly mindful about the content I published-- nevertheless, my moms and dads are on Facebook also.

After sending the email to Facebook, I sent an e-mail to the pals that's email addresses I really had and discussed what took place. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, most of my friends were only able to be contacted by me on Facebook.

The replies I received from that e-mail were classified into 3 various groups:

- WTF/WTH-- why would certainly they do that ??
- Is it due to the fact that you published political things (I like Ron Paul and common web content concerning #OWS).
- Maybe someone flagged you.

I check out several of the write-ups by others who have had their accounts impaired to learn why mine was instantly pulled-- without warning I need to include. The publishing days on the short articles cover the life time of Facebook, showing that the company has actually for life gotten on a behind the curtain project of disabling accounts at their discernment.

I discovered some write-ups by well-known bloggers or journalists, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, as well as Stan Shroeder (Mashable). A lot of these high-profiled Facebook individuals had their accounts and/or web pages reabled right after Facebook uncovered who they disabled. For the rest people, we're primarily on our very own.

Reading these articles didn't instill much hope in me or my scenario. The awareness of what I shed was starting to embed in too.

Throughout the years I had computer systems collision, taken, lost, etc. as well as count on Facebook to organize all my traveling as well as party images. The site isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so why not publish all my pictures on Facebook for my friends and also household to check out at their discretion? There were well over 2000 photos, plenty of video clips, article (notes), plus all the calls (I still have not had the ability to reconnect with several who were all shed when Facebook disabled my account). This was seeming a really bleak situation as I better realized simply what was lost.

I needed to regain access to Facebook to handle the web pages for my clients, and likewise for my very own enterprises. A number of my pages' admin accessibility were shared with a companion and also were conveniently set back up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly developed, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the new account.

Several of the Facebook web pages admin access were shared with my clients, whom I had to get in touch with to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" and rightfully so. I, also, would question the individual I paid to manage my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was handicapped. Wouldn't you?

I still do not have a solution to that inquiry. "I have no suggestion" is the answer I still provide, due to the fact that its real. Facebook has still yet to provide me a reason why my account was handicapped. After checking out the reasons Facebook disabled accounts on their web page I was still at night. I didn't spam-add individuals, post sexual web content, pester anybody. so why they erased me didn't make sense. Just after I read other posts did I understand a bit much more.

Facebook can disable your account if your display screen name is various than that on your birth certification. Mine was, yet not by much. It was still phonetically the same, but meant different than the rest of my family. I likewise had a customer that recently used a contest promotion to enhance their e-mail listing. According to Facebook marketing guidelines, contests can only be operated on Facebook with either apps: ShortStack as well as WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I inspected that customer's Facebook web page as well as it was gone too. Aha!

Although the competition wasn't precisely hosted on Facebook (it was hosted on the client's website), as well as the champion was alerted by means of email (you can not announce champions on your wall), I was certain this was the angering activity which had me ushered off Facebook without even a 'Goodbye'.

At this point it had to do with a week since I at first composed Facebook that eventful morning, as well as I still had not obtained a reply. I reviewed the page permitting me to speak to Facebook, and also discussed that I now had a far better suggestion about why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I pledged never ever to do something like that once again (was it actually that negative??) if they simply reable my account.

I sent out that off and also waited once again. After a few even more days I recognized something. something very essential-- I produced a filter in gmail for Facebook e-mails. Even if they did email me, I would have never received the e-mail because it was readied to "Miss Inbox/Delete". Rough.

So I sent one more email to Facebook, this time around letting them understand that I had a filter on my gmail and if they did contact me before this e-mail, I would have never ever received it.

A few days later on I finally got an e-mail from Javier at Facebook. Below's the only action I'll likely receive from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What a juvenile feedback-- certain Facebook is a 'young' business, yet I make certain there have to be a person there with far better tact than 'we're not going to reable your account-- don't email us once more.' OK Facebook.

So what did I gain from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever know if/when they'll determine to erase you.
2. Don't handle your various client's web pages with the exact same account. If one page/account obtains deleted, you won't lose them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are snobs that's accounts are either concealed from search, or they disabled the "Add as a close friend" switch making it impossible to re-add them.

Its been about a month given that I had my account impaired, and had lots of time to reflect on the experience. I haven't attempted to get in touch with Facebook directly considering that I obtained the e-mail from Javier, but I did begin the site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and also the hashtag campaign on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the unfavorable experience.

Do I desire Facebook to alter their disabling plan? Nope.

I manage a few MU websites and also if you want somebody off your website, of course erase them/block them/whatever. But also for Facebook to disable the account as well as to maintain the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog blog posts, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if no one uploaded content onto the website-- No photos to share or tag-- No posts to Like-- No standing updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be NOTHING.

Facebook needs to permit those who they disabled to download their account, letting them get their photos/videos/notes/ etc., before going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their buddies standing updates (in contrast to 'Suching as' it). Facebook already makes it feasible for an active account to be downloaded and install, so why not a handicapped account?

It's time for Facebook to obtain a bit more mature in this area-- specifically with their IPO introduced. I'm really considering buying stock just so they will certainly need to listen to my problem-- at least I'll make money from them.

Have you had your Facebook account handicapped? Did you get it back, as well as if so how?