My Facebook Account Was Disabled

To claim that Facebook plays a huge component in my life is a little an understatement-- as I make sure it is for any other social networks manager. Not just do I use it to talk with loved ones-- but I'm forever adding content to one of the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for customers.

My Facebook Account Was Disabled



Facebook Disabled My Account



Imagine my shock when I tried to authorize into Facebook one early morning just to obtain the complying with message:

My account was disabled? What does that even suggest?

I attempted to visit with one more internet browser and also I got the very same message. Facebook impaired my account!

Facebook supplied a kind submission page for those desiring to contact Facebook concerning their handicapped account, and also I emailed them basically asking why my account was handicapped and also just how I can get gain access to back to the numerous web pages I'm an admin for. I described that I take care of a selection of web pages for clients, and also was constantly conscious concerning the content I published-- after all, my moms and dads get on Facebook too.

After sending the email to Facebook, I sent an e-mail to the pals who's email addresses I in fact had as well as described what took place. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, most of my friends were just able to be spoken to by me on Facebook.

The replies I obtained from that email were categorized right into 3 various categories:

- WTF/WTH-- why would they do that ??
- Is it since you published political stuff (I like Ron Paul as well as common content concerning #OWS).
- Perhaps somebody flagged you.

I read up on several of the write-ups by others who have had their accounts disabled to learn why mine was unexpectedly drawn-- without warning I ought to include. The publishing days on the write-ups extend the lifetime of Facebook, revealing that the business has actually for life gotten on a behind-the-scenes project of disabling accounts at their discretion.

I found some posts by popular blog writers or reporters, including Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Most of these high-profiled Facebook customers had their accounts and/or pages reabled not long after Facebook discovered that they disabled. For the remainder of us, we're basically on our own.

Checking out these short articles really did not instill much hope in me or my situation. The realization of what I lost was beginning to embed in too.

Over the years I had computers accident, swiped, lost, etc. and also relied on Facebook to hold all my travel and also event photos. The site isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not post all my pictures on Facebook for my friends as well as family members to watch at their discretion? There were well over 2000 images, many video clips, blog posts (notes), plus all the contacts (I still have not been able to reconnect with numerous who were all lost when Facebook handicapped my account). This was looking to be a really stark circumstance as I even more realized simply what was shed.

I had to regain accessibility to Facebook to handle the web pages for my customers, as well as likewise for my own enterprises. Much of my web pages' admin access were shown a partner as well as were conveniently held up up with the brand-new Facebook account I begrudgingly produced, cursing Facebook under my breath as I established the brand-new account.

Several of the Facebook web pages admin gain access to were shared with my clients, whom I had to contact to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. All of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" as well as truly so. I, also, would question the person I paid to handle my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was disabled. Wouldn't you?

I still do not have a solution to that concern. "I have no concept" is the answer I still give, due to the fact that its true. Facebook has still yet to give me a reason that my account was impaired. After reviewing the reasons Facebook disabled accounts on their page I was still in the dark. I really did not spam-add people, message sexual material, pester any person. so why they deleted me really did not make sense. Only after I check out other write-ups did I recognize a bit much more.

Facebook can disable your account if your display screen name is different than that on your birth certificate. Mine was, but not by a lot. It was still phonetically the same, but spelled different than the remainder of my family members. I likewise had a customer that lately made use of a competition promotion to increase their email listing. According to Facebook advertising guidelines, competitions can only be operated on Facebook through one of two apps: ShortStack and WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I examined that client's Facebook page as well as it was gone as well. Aha!

Although the contest wasn't specifically held on Facebook (it was hosted on the client's internet site), as well as the victor was notified through email (you can not reveal winners on your wall), I was positive this was the upseting activity which had me ushered off Facebook without even a 'Bye-bye'.

Now it was about a week since I at first created Facebook that fateful early morning, as well as I still hadn't gotten a reply. I took another look at the web page allowing me to call Facebook, and clarified that I currently had a better idea about why they disabled me, and that I was sorry. I promised never ever to do something like that again (was it truly that poor??) if they just reable my account.

I sent that off and waited once more. After a couple of more days I recognized something. something really important-- I produced a filter in gmail for Facebook e-mails. Even if they did email me, I would have never ever gotten the e-mail since it was readied to "Avoid Inbox/Delete". Rough.

So I sent out one more email to Facebook, this moment letting them understand that I had a filter on my gmail and also if they did contact me prior to this email, I would certainly have never obtained it.

A few days later I lastly got an email from Javier at Facebook. Below's the only action I'll likely obtain from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent response-- certain Facebook is a 'young' firm, but I make certain there must be someone there with much better tact than 'we're not mosting likely to reable your account-- do not email us again.' OKAY Facebook.

So what did I gain from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever know if/when they'll choose to remove you.
2. Do not handle your numerous client's web pages with the same account. If one page/account obtains erased, you will not shed them all.
3. A lot of my friends are snobs that's accounts are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Include as a buddy" button making it difficult to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month given that I had my account disabled, as well as had lots of time to reflect on the experience. I haven't attempted to call Facebook straight considering that I obtained the e-mail from Javier, but I did begin the web site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, as well as the hashtag campaign on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the negative experience.

Do I desire Facebook to transform their disabling policy? Nope.

I manage a few MU websites and also if you want someone off your site, by all means erase them/block them/whatever. However, for Facebook to disable the account and also to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog blog posts, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if no one uploaded material onto the site-- No photos to share or tag-- No articles to Like-- No status updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Facebook must enable those that they disabled to download their account, letting them fetch their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, prior to going off to the barren marshes of Google+, or to RT their friends standing updates (in contrast to 'Liking' it). Facebook currently makes it feasible for an active account to be downloaded, so why not a handicapped account?

It's time for Facebook to get a little bit more mature in this field-- especially with their IPO revealed. I'm in fact thinking about buying stock just so they will certainly need to listen to my issue-- at the very least I'll make money from them.

Have you had your Facebook account disabled? Did you get it back, as well as if so exactly how?