Facebook Deactivated My Account

To state that Facebook plays a large component in my life is a bit of an understatement-- as I'm sure it is for any other social networks supervisor. Not just do I utilize it to keep in touch with loved ones-- however I'm permanently adding content to one of the many web pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

Facebook Deactivated My Account



Facebook Disabled My Account



Imagine my surprise when I attempted to authorize into Facebook one morning only to receive the complying with message:

My account was disabled? What does that even mean?

I attempted to log in with another internet browser and also I got the same message. Facebook handicapped my account!

Facebook provided a form entry page for those desiring to contact Facebook regarding their handicapped account, and also I emailed them generally asking why my account was disabled as well as just how I can get accessibility back to the countless pages I'm an admin for. I discussed that I handle a range of pages for customers, and also was always mindful regarding the web content I published-- nevertheless, my moms and dads are on Facebook as well.

After sending out the email to Facebook, I sent an e-mail to the friends that's e-mail addresses I really had as well as discussed what happened. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, most of my friends were just able to be called by me on Facebook.

The replies I obtained from that email were identified right into three various classifications:

- WTF/WTH-- why would they do that ??
- Is it since you uploaded political stuff (I such as Ron Paul as well as common web content regarding #OWS).
- Possibly somebody flagged you.

I check out several of the posts by others that have actually had their accounts handicapped to figure out why mine was suddenly pulled-- without alerting I need to add. The publishing dates on the articles span the life time of Facebook, revealing that the firm has actually for life been on a behind the curtain project of disabling accounts at their discernment.

I located some short articles by well-known blog owners or reporters, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and also Stan Shroeder (Mashable). A lot of these high-profiled Facebook individuals had their profiles and/or pages reabled soon after Facebook discovered who they disabled. For the rest of us, we're essentially on our very own.

Reading these write-ups didn't impart much hope in me or my scenario. The realization of what I lost was beginning to set in as well.

For many years I had computer systems collision, stolen, shed, and so on as well as count on Facebook to hold all my traveling and event pictures. The website isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so why not post all my pictures on Facebook for my friends as well as household to view at their discretion? There were well over 2000 photos, numerous video clips, post (notes), plus all the contacts (I still haven't had the ability to reconnect with several that were all lost when Facebook impaired my account). This was looking to be a really grim situation as I additionally realized simply what was shed.

I needed to gain back access to Facebook to manage the pages for my clients, as well as likewise for my own enterprises. Much of my pages' admin access were shown a partner as well as were easily held up up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly produced, cursing Facebook under my breath as I established the new account.

Some of the Facebook web pages admin accessibility were shared with my customers, whom I needed to call to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. All of them asked "Why did your account obtain disabled?" as well as truly so. I, also, would certainly question the person I paid to handle my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was disabled. Would not you?

I still do not have a solution to that question. "I have no suggestion" is the response I still give, due to the fact that its true. Facebook has still yet to offer me a reason why my account was impaired. After checking out the reasons Facebook disabled accounts on their page I was still in the dark. I really did not spam-add people, article sexual material, pester anybody. so why they deleted me didn't make good sense. Just after I check out various other write-ups did I comprehend a bit extra.

Facebook can disable your account if your screen name is different than that on your birth certificate. Mine was, however not by a lot. It was still phonetically the same, but led to various than the rest of my household. I additionally had a customer who just recently made use of a contest promotion to raise their e-mail checklist. According to Facebook promotional standards, competitions can only be run on Facebook with a couple of apps: ShortStack as well as WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I examined that client's Facebook page and also it was gone too. Aha!

Although the contest wasn't specifically held on Facebook (it was hosted on the customer's site), and the champion was informed by means of email (you can not reveal champions on your wall surface), I was certain this was the upseting activity which had me ushered off Facebook without even a 'Goodbye'.

Now it had to do with a week since I initially created Facebook that fateful morning, and I still had not received a reply. I took another look at the web page allowing me to contact Facebook, as well as described that I currently had a far better suggestion regarding why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I vowed never to do something like that once more (was it actually that bad??) if they just reable my account.

I sent out that off and waited once again. After a few even more days I understood something. something very essential-- I created a filter in gmail for Facebook e-mails. Even if they did email me, I would have never ever gotten the e-mail since it was readied to "Avoid Inbox/Delete". Severe.

So I sent another email to Facebook, this moment letting them recognize that I had a filter on my gmail and if they did contact me prior to this e-mail, I would have never ever gotten it.

A couple of days later I lastly got an e-mail from Javier at Facebook. Right here's the only action I'll likely get from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What a juvenile feedback-- sure Facebook is a 'young' firm, yet I make sure there need to be someone there with much better tact than 'we're not going to reable your account-- do not email us once more.' OKAY Facebook.

So what did I gain from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever understand if/when they'll determine to delete you.
2. Do not manage your numerous customer's web pages with the same account. If one page/account obtains deleted, you will not shed them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are pretenders that's profiles are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Include as a good friend" button making it impossible to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month considering that I had my account handicapped, and also had lots of time to reflect on the experience. I have not tried to get in touch with Facebook straight given that I obtained the email from Javier, but I did start the website www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and the hashtag campaign on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the adverse experience.

Do I want Facebook to alter their disabling plan? Nope.

I handle a couple of MU websites and also if you desire someone off your website, of course erase them/block them/whatever. But for Facebook to disable the account and also to maintain the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog posts, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if nobody uploaded web content onto the website-- No pictures to share or tag-- No posts to Like-- No status updates to LOL at-- It would be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Facebook must allow those that they disabled to download their account, letting them get their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, before going off to the barren marshes of Google+, or to RT their close friends condition updates (as opposed to 'Liking' it). Facebook already makes it possible for an active account to be downloaded and install, so why not a handicapped account?

It's time for Facebook to get a bit elder in this field-- especially with their IPO introduced. I'm in fact considering buying stock so they will certainly have to pay attention to my problem-- at the very least I'll make money from them.

Have you had your Facebook account handicapped? Did you get it back, and also if so exactly how?