Facebook Deactivated Account

To state that Facebook plays a big part in my life is a little an understatement-- as I make certain it is for any other social media supervisor. Not just do I use it to talk with friends and family-- yet I'm forever adding web content to one of the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

Facebook Deactivated Account



Facebook Disabled My Account



Picture my shock when I attempted to authorize into Facebook one early morning only to receive the following message:

My account was disabled? What does that even suggest?

I attempted to visit with an additional web browser and also I got the exact same message. Facebook handicapped my account!

Facebook supplied a form submission web page for those wanting to contact Facebook regarding their impaired account, as well as I emailed them generally asking why my account was impaired and exactly how I can get accessibility back to the numerous web pages I'm an admin for. I clarified that I take care of a range of pages for clients, and was always conscious regarding the web content I published-- nevertheless, my parents are on Facebook as well.

After sending out the e-mail to Facebook, I sent an email to the good friends who's email addresses I in fact had and described what occurred. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, a lot of my friends were just able to be gotten in touch with by me on Facebook.

The replies I obtained from that e-mail were classified into 3 different categories:

- WTF/WTH-- why would they do that ??
- Is it due to the fact that you uploaded political stuff (I such as Ron Paul and common content about #OWS).
- Maybe someone flagged you.

I check out a few of the articles by others who have actually had their accounts impaired to discover why my own was all of a sudden drawn-- without warning I should add. The publishing dates on the posts extend the lifetime of Facebook, revealing that the firm has actually for life been on a behind the curtain campaign of disabling accounts at their discretion.

I found some write-ups by renowned bloggers or reporters, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and also Stan Shroeder (Mashable). A lot of these high-profiled Facebook users had their profiles and/or pages reabled soon after Facebook uncovered that they disabled. For the rest people, we're primarily on our own.

Reviewing these short articles really did not impart much hope in me or my circumstance. The awareness of what I lost was beginning to set in also.

Throughout the years I had computers collision, stolen, shed, and so on and rely upon Facebook to hold all my travel and also celebration pictures. The site isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so why not upload all my photos on Facebook for my friends as well as family members to check out at their discernment? There were more than 2000 photos, plenty of videos, post (notes), plus all the get in touches with (I still haven't been able to reconnect with many that were all lost when Facebook disabled my account). This was looking to be a very stark circumstance as I better understood just what was lost.

I had to gain back accessibility to Facebook to handle the web pages for my clients, as well as also for my very own enterprises. Most of my pages' admin gain access to were shown to a companion and also were conveniently held up up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly created, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the new account.

Some of the Facebook web pages admin gain access to were shown my customers, whom I had to get in touch with to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account obtain disabled?" and rightfully so. I, as well, would examine the person I paid to handle my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was handicapped. Would not you?

I still do not have a solution to that question. "I have no suggestion" is the answer I still offer, because its true. Facebook has still yet to provide me a reason my account was impaired. After reading the factors Facebook impaired accounts on their web page I was still in the dark. I really did not spam-add people, blog post sexual web content, bug any person. so why they removed me really did not make good sense. Just after I check out other posts did I comprehend a bit more.

Facebook can disable your account if your screen name is various than that on your birth certification. Mine was, yet not by much. It was still phonetically the same, but led to various than the remainder of my family members. I also had a client that lately made use of a contest promo to raise their e-mail checklist. According to Facebook promotional guidelines, contests can only be operated on Facebook with a couple of applications: ShortStack as well as WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I checked that client's Facebook web page as well as it was gone as well. Aha!

Although the contest wasn't specifically organized on Facebook (it was hosted on the customer's website), as well as the victor was notified via e-mail (you can not reveal champions on your wall), I was certain this was the angering activity which had me ushered off Facebook without so much as a 'Au revoir'.

At this point it had to do with a week considering that I initially created Facebook that eventful early morning, and also I still had not obtained a reply. I reviewed the page permitting me to call Facebook, as well as clarified that I now had a better concept concerning why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I vowed never ever to do something like that once more (was it truly that poor??) if they just reable my account.

I sent out that off and waited again. After a few even more days I recognized something. something very essential-- I produced a filter in gmail for Facebook e-mails. Even if they did email me, I would certainly have never ever gotten the email due to the fact that it was readied to "Skip Inbox/Delete". Severe.

So I sent an additional e-mail to Facebook, this moment letting them understand that I had a filter on my gmail and also if they did contact me prior to this e-mail, I would certainly have never received it.

A couple of days later on I lastly obtained an email from Javier at Facebook. Right here's the only feedback I'll likely receive from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent action-- sure Facebook is a 'young' firm, but I make certain there have to be someone there with better tact than 'we're not going to reable your account-- don't email us once more.' OKAY Facebook.

So what did I pick up from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never know if/when they'll determine to erase you.
2. Don't manage your different customer's pages with the same account. If one page/account obtains deleted, you will not lose them all.
3. A lot of my friends are pretenders that's accounts are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Add as a close friend" button making it impossible to re-add them.

Its been about a month considering that I had my account handicapped, as well as had lots of time to reflect on the experience. I haven't tried to get in touch with Facebook directly because I got the email from Javier, yet I did start the website www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and also the hashtag campaign on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to accentuate the negative experience.

Do I want Facebook to alter their disabling plan? Nope.

I handle a couple of MU sites and if you want somebody off your site, by all means erase them/block them/whatever. However, for Facebook to disable the account and to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog messages, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if no one uploaded content onto the site-- No images to share or tag-- No write-ups to Like-- No standing updates to LOL at-- It would be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Facebook needs to enable those who they disabled to download their account, letting them obtain their photos/videos/notes/ etc., prior to going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their pals condition updates (in contrast to 'Suching as' it). Facebook already makes it feasible for an energetic account to be downloaded, so why not an impaired account?

It's time for Facebook to obtain a bit elder in this area-- especially with their IPO announced. I'm in fact considering buying stock just so they will have to pay attention to my issue-- at least I'll make money from them.

Have you had your Facebook account disabled? Did you get it back, and if so exactly how?