Can You Delete All Messages On Facebook

Over the past month two of my Facebook buddies have actually had their accounts hacked (that I understand of). In both of these cases the hacker picked to go through the person's Facebook emails to read all of their messages and then utilize that details to message their friends-- posing as them. I was one of those people that each cyberpunk messaged. It was a sobering experience to realize that somebody might potentially have access to every one of your personal discussions that you've had with family and friends, going back for years!

After this experience I chose that I wished to delete all of my previous Facebook messages to ensure that if I was ever hacked, a minimum of I could limit what they would certainly have accessibility to. But I uncovered that this wasn't as simple as you would certainly believe as there is no global "Delete All" option for Facebook messages as well as discussions. Rather, you need to click right into each conversation, click the "Activities" switch, as well as choose "Remove Conversation". To do this for the hundreds of discussions that I have actually carried Facebook over the past a number of years would certainly have been much too lengthy. Nonetheless, I did find a remarkable plug-in for the Chrome web browser called Facebook-- Delete All Messages that did the trick.

Can You Delete All Messages On Facebook



The process is simple. Open your Chrome internet browser as well as browse to the plugin. Click "Include In Chrome" in order to download/install the plugin. It presently has over 82,000 users as well as I discovered it to be virus/bug-free since 2 weeks ago, so I can extremely recommend it.
Delete All Facebook Messages

Once it's set up, just sign into Facebook. Open the complete messages home window and also click on the plugin symbol that rests on the much right of the address bar.
Delete All Facebook Messages

Then click "Release". It will erase all the messages on that particular whole page. If you have a great deal of old messages you might need to scroll down and also click Introduce a couple of times up until they're all gone.
Delete All Facebook Messages

However within a couple of minutes you must be rid of all your old conversations, and also they will certainly not reappear when the individual messages you again. You'll have a fresh start!